who are members of SMR
Scottish Rescue Teams
What information do I need?
Any emergency message should contain:
- Your location – ideally a description of the terrain plus grid reference
- Name, sex and age of casualty
- Nature of injuries or incident
- Number of people in party
- Your equipment i.e. do you have camping gear or are you travelling very light?
- Your mobile number
Don’t know where you are?
There is still a lot of information you can give within your message.
- Where did you last know your location?
- How long since you were there?
- What mountain are you on?
- What is the ground like around you – grass, boulders, steep, gentle?
- What is the compass bearing directly down the slope?
- Are you in cloud?
- Is the wind blowing up, down or across the hill?
- What is your best guess at your location?