#ThinkWINTER is launched
11th December, 2020
Before heading out into the Scottish outdoors please remember to:
- Check the COVID protection measures where you live and where you plan to go. Note that restrictions may differ between Scotland and the rest of the UK.
- Plan your route and check the mountain weather and avalanche forecasts before you go.
- Take appropriate winter clothing, footwear and equipment including torch, map and compass and plenty of food and drink.
- Build up your confidence and practice navigation and winter skills on simpler routes before taking on more complex and longer days.
- Be prepared to alter your plans or turn back if the weather or conditions change.
- Let someone know where you are going, what time you will be back and what to do if you do not return as expected.
- If you are lost or injured and can’t get off the hill call 999, ask for Police then ask for Mountain Rescue.