Fundraising Assistant Volunteer
06th November, 2019
Scottish Mountain Rescue are seeking a Fundraising Assistant volunteer to join their team.
Based: Home based within the central belt of Scotland or at our office in Glenmore Lodge
Hours: 3 – 7 per week (Flexible if working from home, or normal office hours if working in our office)
About the role:
This is a very exciting time for Scottish Mountain Rescue as we develop our fundraising and do more to support our member teams.
We’re seeking an enthusiastic volunteer with an interest in mountain rescue to support our team with our fundraising activities. In particular, we are looking for someone to help us provide support to people who are fundraising for us.
What we are looking for:
- Interest in helping Scottish Mountain Rescue to meet its aims
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and use own initiative
- Ability to work as part of a team
- High level of computer literacy including word processing, databases, e-mail and internet
- Interest in fundraising
- Supporting the Head of Development to deliver the Fundraising strategy with a particular focus on providing excellent support to people who choose to fundraise for Scottish Mountain Rescue
- Providing support and materials to supporters who are undertaking events to raise funds for Scottish Mountain Rescue, including writing welcome e-mails, good luck e-mails and thank you e-mails.
- Responding to e-mails and enquiries from people who are fundraising for Scottish Mountain Rescue
- Arranging with the SMR office to send out T-shirts and other materials to supporters when they are requested
- Updating the fundraising database and ensuring that supporter records are kept up to date and are consistent and accurate
- Assisting with the development of fundraising materials including fundraising packs and resources for supporters
- Using own initiative to contribute to the fundraising plan. You will have the opportunity to develop fundraising projects
What we can offer:
- Experience of volunteering within the charity sector
- Structured induction to the work of Scottish Mountain Rescue
- The full support of the Head of Development and the Scottish Mountain Rescue staff team
- Development of personal skills including fundraising, project management, database skills and communications skills
- Opportunities to attend Scottish Mountain Rescue events
- Reasonable travel and meal expenses
- A chance to be part of the wider Scottish Mountain Rescue team
- An opportunity to be part of shaping the future fundraising of Scottish Mountain Rescue
Head of Development, with additional support from the General Manager and Development and Infrastructure Lead
How to apply:
Please complete the attached SMR Volunteer Application Form and return to Elsie Riley, Head of Development, email@example.com. Please get in contact if you have any questions about the role.
DEADLINE FOR THIS ROLE IS 9.00AM 22nd November 2019