Supplier Liaison Assistant Volunteer
06th November, 2019
Scottish Mountain Rescue are seeking a Supplier Liaison Assistant volunteer to join their team.
Based: Home based within the central belt of Scotland or at our office in Glenmore Lodge
Hours: 3 – 7 per week (Flexible if working from home, or normal office hours if working in our office)
About the role:
This is a very exciting time for Scottish Mountain Rescue as we develop and do more to support our member teams.
We’re seeking an enthusiastic volunteer with an interest in mountain rescue to support our team with our activities. In particular, we are looking for someone to help us keep up to and coordinate the information we hold around suppliers that offer discounts and deals to teams.
What we are looking for:
- Interest in helping Scottish Mountain Rescue to meet its aims
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and use own initiative
- Ability to work as part of a team
- High level of computer literacy including word processing, databases, e-mail and internet
- Supporting the Head of Development with a particular focus on liaison with smaller outdoor kit manufacturers and retailers and administrative duties around keeping details of discounts and deals for teams up to date
- Making contact with smaller outdoor kit manufacturers and retailers and finding out if they offer discounts or deals for mountain rescue teams and team members
- Responding to e-mails and enquiries from outdoor kit manufacturers and retailers around discounts and deals for teams and team members
- Recording details on the database and setting up/improving the current system for recording these details in a way that can easily be accessed by team members
- Updating mountain rescue teams and team members with details of recently agreed discounts and deals via the newsletter and our closed facebook group
- Using own initiative to contribute to our work with outdoor kit manufacturers and retailers and how they support MR with discounts and deals. You will have the opportunity to assist with the development of this area of our work.
What we can offer:
- Experience of volunteering within the charity sector
- Structured induction to the work of Scottish Mountain Rescue
- The full support of the Head of Development and the Scottish Mountain Rescue staff team
- Development of personal skills including fundraising, project management, database skills and communications skills
- Opportunities to attend Scottish Mountain Rescue events
- Reasonable travel and meal expenses
- A chance to be part of the wider Scottish Mountain Rescue team
- An opportunity to be part of shaping the future fundraising of Scottish Mountain Rescue
Head of Development, with additional support from the General Manager and Development and Infrastructure Lead
How to apply:
Please complete the attached SMR Volunteer Application Form and return to Elsie Riley, Head of Development, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please get in contact if you have any questions about the role.
DEADLINE FOR THIS ROLE IS 9.00AM 22nd November 2019